Admissions to the school are based on:
- Re-enrollment of current students
- Siblings of current students
- Transfers from other Montessori schools
- New Students, with a preference for 3 year old’s, since our program length is 3 years. However, all ages from 3 – 5 will be evaluated by a teacher.
- Transfers into the elementary class must provide records from their previous school
Interviews for new children are arranged in the spring. A tuition deposit is due within 10 days of being notified of acceptance in the school. This deposit confirms your child’s place and is non-refundable after June 1st.
If there are factors which would result in a child not being accepted, these will be communicated to the parent. Our staff is not trained to deal with severe learning or emotional disorders.
All new enrollments are provisional, subject to the student’s reaction to the program during the first month.
When your child becomes a part of our program we will expect your support and hope that you will find ways to help us do our job better.
We look forward to serving you and your child!
The Montessori School of Alexandria is affiliated with the American Montessori Society and licensed by the Departments of Social Services of the State of Virginia. The facility is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations relating to health, fire and building codes.
The firm policy of this school is to welcome diversity in both the student body and staff. We enroll students and hire staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
A visit to the school may be arranged by calling the office and making an appointment. Prospective families are requested to observe a class in progress to provide them an opportunity to evaluate our program.
If, after seeing the school, you wish to apply, an application with a non-refundable fee of $150.00 is required. This fee is not a commitment of a place in the school but begins the enrollment process.
Once your application has been submitted, you will find the purpose of the admissions process is to optimize the match between our school and your child.
Criteria for Acceptance of New Students:
- The student’s readiness and willingness to learn.
- The parent’s understanding and acceptance of our basic goals.
- The student being the proper age.
- The student being of the sex needed for class balance.
- The student being toilet trained for the 3 to 6 year old classes
Additional MSA Requirements:
- Potty Trained
- Immunizations must be Current (State Requirement)
- Uniforms are Required
- Recommend Robcyn’s (http://robcyns.com)
- Enrollment for students from 3 – 12 years of age
- Ages 5 – 12 must provide packed lunch
- Nut FREE facility
There are a limited number of openings at the Elementary Level for children who have not been in our 3 to 6 year old classes.
In March of each year all current students are given an opportunity to re-enroll for the next year.If you have Adobe reader 3.0 or above you can download the application to your computer by CLICKING HERE. Click the option to save it to your desktop. When it is on your desktop, open it with Acrobat Reader. After this you can then enter your information right into Acrobat, print it out and send it in with your $150.00 application fee.
If you prefer, follow this link and you can simply print it out and mail it in.
Please send completed application and fee to:
Montessori School of Alexandria, Inc.
6300 Florence Lane
Alexandria, VA 22310